Monday, May 12, 2008

Yesterday was my second mother's day... and it's the second year we FORGOT to take pictures! :(

Sunday mornings are, let's say... "eventful"...EVEN when I prep the night before to try to have a mellow-worship-minded morning...and even when we try to leave 30 minutes early (it only takes 5 minutes to drive there).

I guess it's the season of life we are in with a young toddler. Since we are at church from 11:30-2:30, sometimes 3 or 4, we try to squeeze in a short nap for Evie before church, which puts her sleeping til the last second.

Some other things that add to the busyness of the morning...Sundays are the only day that...
- I actually fix my hair and do a full make up routine
- I don't wear yoga pants
- Hong puts mousse in his hair
- is a non-cereal morning (we have "pancake morn'in")
- we wear ironed clothing that is not toddler stained

We do however, have a great time eating pancakes together. And, Hong and I have have a peaceful, relaxed time getting ready since Evie is napping. We listen to worship music, a sermon or an Albert Mohler program. I just can't seem to avoid the last minute rushed feeling when we're getting out of the house.

(hence, no pictures)

2 comments:

Anita said...

i bet if you came to our house one suday morning...you'd think yours was peaceful! the "routine" here is that while i get ready, aaron is in charge of getting the kids ready. but i still have to fix girls' hair, tye bows, pull the toddler off my leg a few times, coordinate and FIND six socks and shoes (aaron job can get his own now), etc, etc. it's CRAZY! anyway...HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! :)

Dawn said...

SAME HERE...doesn't matter how smooth the morning has gone or how much we prep Saturday night. Those last few minutes of actually getting out the door seem rushed and stressful. Glad to know it's not just us! :-P